Are you a Dive Master ready for the next step, but not sure you want to be an instructor, then the PADI Assistant Instructor Course is for you. As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
Here’s What You Learn
During the AI Course you will be learn in a low stress environment. We emphasize learning how to teach in the real world, working side by side with a PADI Instructor (OWSI). As a PADI Assistant Instructor candidate you'll also learn how to present classroom information, teach in confined water and the open water environment. Assistant Instructors can also teach Children’s courses, Bubble Maker and Seal Team, as well as Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project Aware and Discover Scuba Diving (DSD). We have also added more value to your IDC with additional workshops to help sharpen you diving skills.
• Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
• Be at least 18 years old
• Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
• Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
• Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
• Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
• Want a fun and exciting career!