Join Faith Ortins, VP of DUI, and other diving and underwater photography specialists on a truly remarkable educational diving oriented expedition to Antarctica.
We embark in Ushuaia, Argentina and sail through the Drake Passage directly to Antarctica. Along the way we will encounter Humpback and Minke whales all while learning about medical and diving issues unique to the polar region. We will tour glaciers and icebergs on zodiac cruises and set foot on the Antarctic Continent in a magnificent landscape surrounded by alpine peaks and huge glaciers calving at sea level. For divers, this is an opportunity to swim with penguins and leopard seals as well as the unique invertebrate life of Antarctica. And don’t forget claiming your own iceberg! Your adventure will include lectures on diving medicine, polar history of exploration, glaciology, underwater photography and more! Those who qualify and apply can receive 16 CME’s through Wilderness Medicine.
The trip package includes:
- Accommodations aboard the Ortelius, part of the Oceanwide Expeditions polar fleet.
- All meals aboard the ship, including snacks and nonalcoholic drinks.
- Diving, 1-2 dives a day including tanks and weights.
- As this will be a diving oriented trip, the ship will have extra dive staff on board to ensure a great experience.
- Expeditions lead by Faith Ortins and other polar diving and photography experts.
- All other land based activities with the exception or camping, kayaking and photo
- Classes if available. A small fee may apply for these activities.
- All transfers to and from the ship.
- Hotel stay in Ushuaia, Argentina on February 19th- the night before the ship leaves. It is important to get there early in case luggage gets delayed.
- Dive Insurance
- Fuel Surcharges
There are a variety of cabins on the Ortelius and the price is dependent on the cabin selected. The hotel in Ushuaia is double occupancy. Prices are per person:
Twin Porthole: $11,150
Twin Window: $12,250
Twin Deluxe: $13,500