Is diving your passion? Do you love the family of divers you are around? I invite you to be part of the Tribe of Divemasters. As a PADI Dive Master you will open up a whole new world of diving experiences.
When you Join the Tribe™ by becoming a PADI Divemaster, you align yourself with the largest and most respected dive tribe in the world—that of PADI Professionals. These are PADI Divemasters and Instructors sharing a passion for diving and an active concern for the health of the world’s underwater habitats.
The Dive Master is the first step in working with scuba as a career. It all start right here. Working closely with a PADI Instructor you will expand your dive knowledge and sharpen your skills to the professional level. PADI
Here’s What You Learn
Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that focus your ability to organize and solve problems. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll use your skills to lead, mentor and motivate other divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the aquatic realm.
What You Can Teach
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist PADI Instructors during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience and PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving
Prerequisites to take this course, you must be:
• 18 years old A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
• A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
• An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
• Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
• Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
The Divemaster program is generally run at your own pace and can start at any time you are ready.
To Get Started
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, give us a call or simply stop by the shop.